Have you ever asked yourselves why some people have a sense of peace and a sense of purpose and joy in their lives? Perhaps these qualities seem to be missing in your life. There are people who are not afraid or even scared of the future. They chose life but they are not afraid of death. These people seem to know exactly where they are going and who they are going to see when they get there. It sometimes seems that some people have buried treasure and the know the location of this treasure.
The Bible tells us through the prophets what signs we are to look for in the Messiah. The prophet Micah in the Book of Micah tells us that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. The Book of Isaiah tells us that the Messiah would be born of a virgin and live in Galilee. The Book of Daniel tells us that after the Messiah was “cut off” that Jerusalem and the Jewish Temple would be destroyed by an occupying power - which it was. Daniel also tells us that evil men would kill the Messiah in a merciless fashion and that His hands and feet would be pierced. Even Isaiah said that the Messiah would be pierced for our transgressions and crushed for our iniquities. He also says that the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him and “ by His wounds we are healed”. Isaiah even tells us that the Messiah would not be held down by the grave but He would live again. He would arise.
The Bible in the New Testament tells us: Jesus was speaking to His disciples. (MATTHEW 13:44-46) He said the kingdom of God is like a treasure hidden in a field. When a man finds it, he hid it again, and then in joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. You are that man. You are that woman. You are that child. Jesus is our treasure.
So what do we do, we all have choices to make.
Do we walk away from the Truth?
Do we mock those who believe in the Truth?
Do we ignore the Truth?
Do you say I have done so many bad things that I am not worthy to ask and accept the Truth?
Or do we follow Christ whatever the cost?
The Bible has a lot to say about the end times. Nearly every book of the Bible contains prophecy regarding the end times. Taking all of these prophecies and organizing them can be difficult. Following is a very brief summary of what the Bible declares will happen in the end times:
- Christ will remove all born-again believers from the earth in an event known as the Rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:51-54). At the judgment seat of Christ, these believers will be rewarded for good works and faithful service during their time on earth or will lose rewards, but not eternal life, for lack of service and obedience (1 Corinthians 3:11-15; 2 Corinthians 5:10).
- The Antichrist (the beast) will come into power and will sign a covenant with Israel for seven years (Daniel 9:27). This seven-year period of time is known as the “Tribulation.” During the Tribulation, there will be terrible wars, famines, plagues, and natural disasters. God will be pouring out His wrath against sin, evil, and wickedness. The Tribulation will include the appearance of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, and the seven seal, trumpet, and bowl judgments.
- About halfway through the seven years, the Antichrist will break the peace covenant with Israel and make war against it. The Antichrist will commit “the abomination of desolation” and set up an image of himself to be worshiped in the Jerusalem temple (Daniel 9:27; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-10), which will have been rebuilt. The second half of the tribulation is known as “the great tribulation” (Revelation 7:14) and “the time of Jacob’s trouble” (Jeremiah 30:7).
- At the end of the seven-year tribulation, the Antichrist will launch a final attack on Jerusalem, culminating in the battle of Armageddon. Jesus Christ will return, destroy the Antichrist and his armies, and cast them into the lake of fire (Revelation 19:11-21). Christ will then bind Satan in the Abyss for 1,000 years and He will rule His earthly kingdom for this thousand-year period (Revelation 20:1-6).
- At the end of the thousand years, Satan will be released, defeated again, and then cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:7-10) for eternity. Christ then judges all unbelievers (Revelation 20:10-15) at the great white throne judgment, casting them all into the lake of fire. Christ will then usher in a new heaven and new earth and the New Jerusalem—the eternal dwelling place of believers. There will be no more sin, sorrow, or death (Revelation 21–22).
We need to humble ourselves before the God who created us and He will forgive you of all the dumb, stupid things you did AND that you understand by accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior you will go to Heaven for all eternity. This is our buried treasure and now you have the peace that you see in others who know the Truth. If you read your Bible you will see that there are prophecies that tell us what is to come. No, there are no dates but we are given the signs of the time and that time is SOON! Keep looking up!